Sunday 22 September 2013

Preliminary Evaluation

Preliminary Task Evaluation
For my Preliminary task I developed a school magazine. I used a full bleed image I took, I chose the image due to the colours provided – I kept the whole cover featuring a blend of Yellow, blue and red, all taken from different areas of the image or logo. The Headline features colour from the wall, behind my model which meant I didn’t have to generate a new colour which would contributed to making the magazine look very messy.
The grab lines on the right were created to entice the potential reader to pick up and find out about Mr Jones’ favourite cup of tea.
My contents page features a full bled image of the canteen, generating a kind of house style between the two pages as it links to the previous image. The colour-scheme continues, using the red of the column on the cover.
The contents features a blend of text and images to make it look exciting.
I took all the images used in these two pages and I chose the six I used out of 22. They were the most striking photos with stories to tell.
This was the first time I had used InDesign and while it was initially confusing to use, by the end of the project I felt very comfortable with it.
To help my design of the contents page I divided it into three columns which allowed me to break up all the content and divide it all equally over an area. I used the first column on the contents page for an editorial comment from the fictitious Edd with a photo to provide reference, a technique used in many magazines.
Overall, my two pages became quite professional with consistent fonts and colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment