Friday 18 October 2013

Colour

For the development of my Music Magazine, I have put together a small number of colour schemes I could see working with the theme and genre. Apart from two, these colour schemes are all a single colour paired with greys, blacks and whites, hereby creating a very simple yet effective colour scheme.

For the second and last scheme I opted to include another shade of the colour in order to further the theme. For the brown and orange the second shade/colour generates a"grungey" run down feel that is apparent in rock magazines.

The one with the two reds just furthers the colours and offers variation within the colour scheme.

All the single colours are quite dark colours in order to fit with the Indie Music magazine genre.

While a part of me would like to use to purple colour scheme, I am aware that it may exclude the male gender due to it's connotations whereas the first red colour scheme offers no exclusion and is well linked to music magazines due to it's useage in Rolling Stone and Q to name a few.

It would be tempting to use a different colour to be different however it is worth remembering that red is an often used colour for a reason and will help establish my magazine as familiar instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment