Tuesday 3 December 2013

Equipment

In the production of my music magazine I have been utilising different kinds of equipment to achieve a professional look. This blog post will be looking at some of them.
To take the actual photos I had to book a photo-shoot in my school where the media department provided the backdrops, cameras and lightings.

The backdrops were three different rolls of paper of different colours – white, black and green. The one I used most was the white roll as it presented clear, crisp professional photos with attention drawn to my model. Near the end I chose to use the black roll as I thought it would look great with the style of my model who was wearing black and white. The end results were very professional and visually exciting photos. Unfortunately there were many inconveniences when using these rolls as the chain used to roll them down broke on a couple occasions forcing the model and I to put our photo-shoot on hold while we sorted out the chain.

Luckily, the camera we used was a lot more reliable. It was a High-Tec Canon SLR which produced great quality photos inside and out of the studio. We used artificial lighting to create the most effective images in the studio which flashed when I took the photo. The quality of the photos was essential for creating an effective music magazine and I think I achieved this.

For the production of the magazine we opted to use InDesign as opposed to Photoshop which we used when creating a magazine last year. I have so far found InDesign to be much more effective – especially as it seems designed for developing magazines – and I have made great use of the column feature which is especially evident in my contents page. However I am still using Photoshop for work on individual images such as removing the background for photos and altering the colours. I have needed to familiarise myself with Photoshop as it has been a while since I used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment